Wedding Suits: Hire or Buy?
Wedding planning is a huge task for any couple, whether that’s organising the venue, the band, a photographer, the invitations, stag and hen dos or the wedding dress (of course).
One of the key decisions the groom will have to make, however, is choosing whether to hire or to buy a suit for the big day. Today, we’ve weighed up the various advantages to both sides of the argument, as we can do both! With Suit Direct you can buy or hire via our sister site, Young’s Hire.
Whichever decision you make, we’re here to support you!
Buying a Suit
- A three piece suit or 2 piece suit should be considered as an investment, creating an outfit to be worn again and again.
- Potentially, there are more types of fits, styles and colours to choose from, with a focus on mix and match suits.
- Off the rack men's suits can be adjusted to fit any size or build.
- With a wider range, it's easier to make a statement; going against the grain and choosing a unique wedding suit for your own tastes.
Hiring a Suit
- If you’re purchasing suits for yourself and the groomsmen, hiring a suit makes it easier to choose all the outfits to coordinate.
- If you don’t normally wear a suit, then hiring a suit for a one off occasion is a no brainer.
- Typically, hiring a suit costs around £100; Off the rack suits can potentially be pricier.
- Hire suits are replaceable - depending on the issue.
Whether you choose to hire or buy, remember: our Groom Goes Free offer is valid with both types of purchase. Order five suits or more and you’ll get the fifth one free (T & Cs apply), just remember to use the code ‘GROOMGOESFREE’ at the checkout if you’re buying. This Suit Direct discount code is automatically applied if you choose to hire.
Whatever your decision - looking your best is a must, and with a growing range of themes on dress codes, Suit Direct has an unbeatable range of two piece suits and men's three piece suits to make the perfect impression. Try Wedding Tuxedos or Dinner Suits, ideal for an Art Deco theme, A country look with Tweed Wedding Suits, or a Checked Wedding Suit to make an eyecatching impression.